Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana Recipe2020-09-28
- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Ready In: 30m
Average Member Rating
(3.7 / 5)
3 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat6.9 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.3 g
Instant pot zuppa Toscana recipe. Very popular Italian soup with sausages, potatoes, and kale cooked in an electric instant pot. You may also like Pressure Cooker Mongolian Chicken
Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound (480 g) mild Italian sausages, casing removed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 Russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups (1.5L) chicken broth
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 bunch fresh kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) half-and-half
Heat the olive oil in a 6-quart (6 L) electric instant pot turned to the sauté functions. Add sausages and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, for about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble them as it cook. Drain excess fat.
Add garlic, onion, and oregano. Continue cooking and stirring, until onions are translucent, for a further 2-3 minutes.
Pour in the broth, then stir in cubed potatoes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 5 minutes.
Using the Quick Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Add kale and continue cooking and stirring until wilted. Mix in half-and-half and cook until heated though, for a further 1 minute. Season with more salt and black pepper.