Italian Beef Sandwiches in Slow Cooker
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 7:20 h
- Ready In : 7:30 h
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
Italian beef sandwiches in slow cooker. Very delicious sandwiches cooked in slow cooker.
- 6 oz (180 g) beef flank steak
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- dash crushed red pepper
- 1 clove garlic,finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) low-sodium tomato juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) bottles roasted red pepper strips(optional)
- 2 4-inch-long (10 cm) pieces French bread,split and toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
Remove fat from the steak. Arrange beef steak in slow cooker. Cut steak to fit if necessary.
Sprinkle with oregano,crushed red pepper and finely chopped garlic. Pour tomato juice over resulting mixture in slow cooker. Cover slow cooker with a lid and cook on low-heat for 7-8 hours or on high-heat for 3-4 hours.
Remove beef steak from slow cooker. Reserve cooking liquid. Using two forks,pull meat apart into shreds.
Stir roasted pepper strips into shredded meat(optional) Place shredded meat on bottoms of toasted French bread pieces. Sprinkle enough of the cooking liquid over meat to moisten. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cover with tops of French bread pieces. You cooked Italian beef sandwiches in slow cooker