Jerk Pork Ribs
- Yield : 6 serving plates
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:15 h
- Ready In : 1:25 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) pork ribs, cut into 2-3 rib portions
- 2 cups (500 ml) Jamaican jerk sauce(see recipe below)
- For Jamaican Jerk Sauce:
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 habanero chili, seeds and ribs removed,minced
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
In a large bowl, coat the ribs with Jamaican jerk sauce and rub it in well with rubber gloves. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Remove marinated ribs and any excess marinade to a shallow roasting pan. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, turning the ribs and basting occasionally.
Prepare a charcoal grill with medium-hot coals. Grill the ribs until browned and cooked through(about 25-30 minutes). Turn them 4-5 times and baste with jerk sauce. Serve jerk pork ribs hot.
Jamaican Jerk Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the scallion greens, shallots, minced garlic, ginger, and chili. Stir well and set aside.
In another bowl, combine the spices, thyme, salt and brown sugar. Mix well and whisk the orange juice,broth and soy sauce.
Slowly drizzle in olive oil, while whisking constantly. Add the scallion mixture and stir well to combine. Set aside for 1 hour before marinating meat (makes 2½ cups).