Mango Glazed Baby Back Ribs
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 2:00 h
- Ready In : 2:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 whole slabs baby back pork ribs
- Dry Rub:8 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Braising Liquid:1/2 cup (125 ml) light rum
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- Glaze:12 ½ oz (375 g) jar mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons "J. Leroy Dippin’ sauce"
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger,minced
In a small mixing bowl,combine all rub ingredients. Mix well. Sprinkle a generous amount of rub mixture over ribs. Refrigerate ribs for 1 hour.
In microwave dish,combine all braising liquids. Mix well and microwave for 1 minute. Remove rum mixture from microwave and set aside.
Arrange baby back ribs in a baking dish. Pour braising liquid over ribs. Cover ribs with aluminum foil.
Preheat your oven to 250 F (125 C). Cook ribs in preheated oven for 2-2 ½ hours or until ribs are tender.
Remove baked baby back ribs form the oven,reserving cooking liquid. Transfer cooking liquid into saucepan. On medium-low heat reduce the juices until of a thick syrupy consistency.
In food processor,combine mango chutney,"J. Leroy Dippin’ sauce" and minced ginger. Process until smooth. Add this mixture to the reduced juices and heat through.
Remove glaze from the heat. Brush baked ribs with mango glaze. Return ribs in oven and bake on BROIL setting for 3 to 5 minutes or until glaze begins to caramelize.
Remove baked ribs from oven. Pour remaining mango glaze over,cut ribs into pieces and serve.