Oven Baked Honey-Chipotle Chicken Breasts
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Ready In: 30m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts,pounded to ½ inch thickness and sliced into strips
- 1 cup (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 g) breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter,melted2 large eggs,lightly whisked
- For Sauce:1/3 cup (80 ml) clear honey
- 1/2 cup (125 g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons chipotle adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cold water + 2 tablespoons corn starch
Preheat your oven to 400 F (200 C). Pour melted butter onto a large baking sheet and brush to coat entire surface.
In a mixing bowl,combine all-purpose flour,salt and black pepper. Whisk well.
Place bread crumbs in second bowl. Place whisked eggs in a third bowl.
Dip chicken strips into flour and turn to coat,then dip chicken into eggs,turning to coat. Now dip in breadcrumbs and toss well to coat.
Arrange chicken strips in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes,then turn chicken strips over and bake for a further 8-10 minutes. Remove baked chicken from the oven and set aside.
Meanwhile,prepare chipotle sauce. In a large saucepan,combine all ingredients,except cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil over high heat,whisking throughout.
In a small mixing bowl,combine cornstarch and water. Whisk until cornstarch is dissolved.
Stir in cornstarch mixture into boiled sauce. Stir well until sauce thickened and reduce heat to low.
Dip baked chicken strips in chipotle sauce,tossing to coat. Serve warm.