Oven Baked Lemon Chicken with Capers
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
3people rated this recipe
- olive oil
- 2 pounds (960 g) chicken thighs
- 2 yellow onions,peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 sticks celery,diced
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon thyme,freshly chopped
- zest and freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
- 4 oz (120 g) capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley,chopped
In a saute pan,heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken thighs and brown on both sides for 5 minutes. Transfer browned chicken to ovenproof dish.
Using the same saute pan,cook,stirring onion,garlic and celery until softened. Add 2-3 tablespoons of chicken stock and sprinkle over plain flour. Cook,stirring,for a further 1 minute.
Gradually add the remaining chicken stock and remaining ingredients,leaving half of chopped parsley. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil and pour over cooked chicken. Cover securely with double layer of aluminum foil.
Place on the high rack of turbo oven. Set temperature to 400 F (200 C). Cook for 45 minutes.
Remove lemon chicken with capers from halogen oven. Serve with cooked spaghetti or rice.