Pressure Cooker Beef Bourguignon Recipe2021-07-09
- Cuisine: French
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Ready In: 50m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat6.1 g
Trans Fat8.0 g
Unsaturated Fat1.5 g
Pressure cooker beef Bourguignon recipe. Ready in 40 minutes, this classic French dish is a hearty meal for any day of the week.
Best Ways of Using Your Pressure Cooker for Cooking Beef Bourgouin
There are many ways of cooking beef in a pressure cooker. However, the most recommended way is to start with a wet mixture. This makes browning and caramelization easier and also helps in creating a better overall flavor profile.
The best ways to use your pressure cooker for cooking meat recipes include:
– Start with a wet mixture: This ensures that browning is easy and creates the best flavor profile.
– Brown the meat first before adding any liquid: The browned bits will help create an even braise or sauce in the end.
– Cook on high pressure for 40 minutes. This method helps prevent overcooking as well as ensures the tenderness of the meat.
What Kind of Wine Pairing Is Best with This Dish?
The wine pairing is a very important part of the food preparation. It is one of the most important aspects of fine dining.
Wine pairing has been an art form for centuries, but it is also a science. There are many different wine pairing techniques in general as well as specifically with this dish. The most common ones are:
1) Wine and food matching: This technique suggests that one should match wines with foods that have similar flavors to them, such as sweet or sour foods.
2) Wine and food pairings: This technique suggests that one should pair wines with foods that have similar textures to them, such as crunchy or soft foods.
3) Wine and food matching and pairings: This technique suggests that one should match wines with foods that have similar colors to them,
Pressure Cooker Beef Bourguignon Recipe
You may like as well:
Instant Pot Wine-Braised Italian Sausages
Instant Pot Chicken Ala King Recipe
Instant Pot Tortellini Alfredo with Italian Sausages
Instant Pot Icelandic Lamb Soup
Instant Pot Bang Bang Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 oz (180 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1¼ cups (310 ml) beef stock
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry red wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Season cubed beef sirloin steak with salt and black pepper. Coat with all-purpose flour.
Heat the olive in a pressure cooker turned to the sauté mode. Add seasoned meat and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned.
Add the onion, garlic, parsley, mushrooms, and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 1 minute. Stir in baby carrots, beef broth, and dry red wine.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 28 minutes.
Open the pressure cooker with the Quick Release method. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Stir well. Transfer beef stew to a serving plate. Serve hot.