Pressure Cooker Cherry Apricot Compote Recipe
- Yield: 6 cups
- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Ready In: 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
- 3/4 pound (360 g) dried apricots,halved
- 4 pears (Bosc, Anjou or Bartlett), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound (480 g) fresh sweet cherries,pitted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- one 4-inch (10 cm) cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In pressure cooker,combine all ingredients. Pour over 1 ¼ cups (310 ml) water. Stir until sugar dissolves.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 12 minutes.
Open pressure cooker,using Quick Release method. Discard cinnamon stick.
Cool compote for 15 minutes. Serve warm.