Pressure Cooker Moroccan Lemon Chicken
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
Pressure cooker Moroccan lemon chicken. Chicken thighs and drumsticks with vegetables and herbs cooked in a pressure cooker. Very easy, delicious, and fast! Ready in 10 minutes!
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and chopped
- fresh cilantro,chopped
- pinch saffron threads
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 chicken drumsticks and 4 chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup (80 g) chopped dried apricots ot dried papaya
- 10 oz (300 ml) jar pitted olives,drained
- 1 large lemon,sliced
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken broth
- chopped parsley
In a pressure cooker,combine onion,garlic,parsley,cilantro,saffron,olive oil,and half of spices. Stir well.
Arrange chicken on top of onion mixture. Sprinkle with remaining spices. Top with olives and dried apricots (papaya). Place over lemon slices. Gently pour in chicken broth.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce to low and set timer to cook for 6 minutes.
Remove the pot form the heat. Open pressure cooker. Remove cooked chicken and vegetables from pressure cooker and transfer to serving platter. Season to tastee with salt and black pepper. Serve immediately.