Pressure Cooker Pork Vindaloo2021-04-10
- Cuisine: Indian
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Ready In: 35m
Average Member Rating
(3.5 / 5)
4 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat1.0 g
Pressure cooker pork vindaloo. This yummy and spicy Indian pork recipe has been cooked in a pressure cooker. Curry vindaloo is a complex sweet-and-tangy pork dish native to the West Coast of India. You may also like Potato and Celery Soup, another Delicious recipe cooked in an instant pot.
Are you looking for more pressure cooker recipes? We have a big collection of them, please check it out-Pressure Cooker Recipes
Pressure Cooker Pork Vindaloo
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) boneless pork shoulder, cubed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 large white onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons vindaloo seasoning or Madras curry
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Champagne vinegar
- 1 (14 1/2–ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice, undrained
- 1 cup (250 ml) reduced-sodium chicken broth
Sprinkle cubed pork with a slat. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pressure cooker turned to the sauté mode. Working in batches, brown the meat in a single layer on all sides, 5-7 minutes per batch. Using a slotted spoon, transfer browned pork to a plate.
Add chopped white onion and cook, stirring, until soft (for about 3 minutes). Stir in garlic, ginger, and spices. Cook, stirring, for a further 30 seconds. Sprinkle in all-purpose flour and stir to cook.
Return browned pork to pressure cooker. Stir in vinegar, tomatoes with their juice and chicken broth. Mix well, scrapping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Bring to a boil.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 28 minutes.
Using the Quick Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid. Allow standing for 15 minutes. Skim any fat from the top of the sauce. Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro and serve.