Pressure Cooker Pork Vindaloo2016-04-10
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) boneless pork shoulder,cubed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 large white onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 piece fresh ginger,peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons vindaloo seasoning or Madras curry
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Champagne vinegar
- 1 (14 1/2–ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice,undrained
- 1 cup (250 ml) reduced-sodium chicken broth
Sprinkle cubed pork with a slat. In a pressure cooker,heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in a batches,brown the meat in a single layer on all sides,5-7 minutes per batch. Using a slotted spoon,transfer browned pork to a plate.
Add chopped white onion and cook ,stirring,until soft (for about 3 minutes). Stir in garlic,ginger,and spices. Cook,stirring,for a further 30 seconds. Sprinkle in all-purpose flour and stir to cook.
Return browned pork to pressure cooker. Stir in vinegar,tomatoes with their juice and chicken broth. Mix well,scrapping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 25 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Carefully open pressure cooker. Allow to stand for 15 minutes. Skim any fat from the top of sauce. Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro and serve.
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe