Pressure Cooker Ropa Vieja
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Ready In: 40m
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat4.6 g
Unsaturated Fat0.4 g
Pressure cooker Ropa Vieja. Ropa Vieja means shredded flank steak. This meal is often associated with Latin and South American food. Flank beef steak with vegetables and spices cooked in a pressure cooker. Use dry red wine as pare for this delicious recipe.
What is Pressure Cooker Ropa Vieja?
Ropa vieja is a traditional Cuban dish that has been popularized in the United States. It is typically made with beef, pork, and chorizo sausage cooked in a pressure cooker or crockpot.
Pressure Cooker Ropa Vieja is a dish that was created by Cuban immigrants in Florida and has become popular in the United States. The dish typically consists of beef, pork, and chorizo sausage cooked in a pressure cooker or crockpot.
5 Tips for Successfully Making Ropa Viejo in a Pressure Cooker
Ropa Viejo is a popular Spanish dish made by simmering beef, pork, or chicken with tomatoes and spices in a pressure cooker for a few hours. It’s served over rice and garnished with cilantro. Ropa Viejo is one of the most popular dishes in Spain. The dish was brought to the United States by Cuban immigrants who were fleeing from the revolution. This dish is easy to make in a pressure cooker; however, it can be challenging to cook properly. Here are five tips for cooking this delicious dish successfully:
– Don’t use canned tomatoes; use fresh ones instead. Canned tomatoes have too much salt and preservatives that can affect the taste of your dish.
– Make sure you don’t overcook your meat.
– Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until thick. Do not stir constantly.
– For a richer flavor, brown the meat before adding it to the pot. A popular Spanish dish made by simmering meat and tomatoes in a pressure cooker for hours The dish is served over rice and garnished with cilantro.
You may also like Coconut Shrimp Soup, another delicious recipe cooked in an instant pot. Please note, that this recipe is for a stovetop pressure cooker.
Pressure Cooker Ropa Vieja
- 2 pounds (960 g) flank steak
- sea salt
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 green nad red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 oz (300 ml) can tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup (250 ml) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2-4 teaspoons hot sauce
Season flank beef steak all over with salt. Place seasoned meat and remaining ingredients, except tomato paste, lime juice, and hot sauce, in a pressure cooker. Stir well. Turn the cooker to the sauté mode and bring the mixture to a boil. Place tomato paste on top. Do not stir.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 27 minutes.
Using the natural Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid. Set aside for 15 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Stir in lime juice and hot sauce
Using tongs, remove flank beef steak from the pressure cooker. Transfer to a cutting board. Trim off any fat. Using two forks, shred meat. Transfer shredded beef to a serving platter.
Skim any fat from the sauce. Pour sauce over the meat. Serve Ropa Vieja over the cooked rice.