Pressure Cooker Ropa Vieja
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
Pressure cooker Ropa Vieja. Ropa Veija means shredded flank steak.This meal is often associated with Latin and South American food. Flank beef steak with vegetables and spices cooked in pressure cooker.Use dry red wine as a pare for this delicious recipe.
- 2 pounds (960 g) flank steak
- sea salt
- 1 medium white onion,peeled and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper,seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 oz (300 ml) can tomatoes and green chilies,undrained
- 1 cup (250 ml) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2-4 teaspoons hot sauce
Season flank beef steak all over with salt. Place seasoned meat and remaining ingredients,except tomato paste,lime juice and hot sauce, in pressure cooker. Stir well. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Place tomato paste on top.Do not stir.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat ti high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 25 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Open pressure cooker,using Natural Release method. Set aside for 15 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Stir in lime juice and hot sauce
Using a tings,remove flank beef steak from pressure cooker. Transfer to a cutting board. Trim off any fat. Using a two forks,shred meat. Transfer shredded beef to serving platter.
Skim any fat from sauce. Pour sauce over meat. Serve Ropa Vieja over cooked rice.