Pressure Cooker Salsa-Lime Chicken
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 7m
- Ready In: 17m
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- 1½ cups (370 ml) spicy prepared salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of red chile powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8 oz (240 g) fresh soft goat cheese,crumbled
- 2 limes,cut into wedges for serving
Heat olive oil in pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Working in a batches,add chicken breasts and lightly brown on both sides. Using a tongs,transfer to serving platter.
Add salsa,cumin,chile powder and lime to pressure cooker,scraping any browned bits from the bottom. Return cooked chicken breasts to the pot,nestling meat into the sauce.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 7 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Open pressure cooker,using Quick Release method. The chicken breasts should be tender. Set aside,covered,for 15 minutes.
Transfer chicken together with sauce sauce to serving platter. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve with lime wedges on side and warm tortillas.