Pressure Cooker Shrimp Risotto
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 pound (240 g) asparagus,trimmed and halved
- handful fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon sweet paparika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups white Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry sherry
- 3 cups (750 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) bottled clam juice
- 1 pound (480 g) raw medium shrimp,peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
In a pressure cooker,melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chopped onions and asparagus. Cook,stirring until onion turns translucent (for about 4 minutes).
Stir in oregano leaves,paprika and seasoning. Cook,stirring,until aromatic (for 1 minute or less)
Add Arborio rice. Cook,stirring for 1 minute. Pour in dry sherry.Stir well until completely absorbed(for about 2 minutes).
Stir in chicken broth and clam juice..
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. Then pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 10 minutes.
Open pressure cooker,using Quick Release method. Stir in shrimp and cook,stirring,until pink and firm (for about 2 minute).
Stir in Parmesan cheese. Turn pressure cooker off and set aside for a couple of minutes.