Rib Roast Braised in Wine
- Servings: 12
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 4:00 h
- Ready In: 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 5 pounds (2.4 kg) boned and rolled rib roast
- all-purpose flour fro dredging
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped leeks
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 garlic clove,peeled and crushed
- 2 cups (500 ml) dry red wine
- 8 crushed peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 tablespoons cognac,warmed
Preheat the oven to 325°F(160°C). Dredge the rib roast in flour.
Preheat vegetable oil in Dutch oven. Add meat and cook until browned on all sides. Add chopped onions,leeks,carrots and garlic and saute until brown. Add dry red wine and seasonings. Ignite the cognac and add.
Transfer cooked meat to a warm platter and keep hot. Strain the sauce,add seasoning to taste and pour over cooked beef.