Slow Cooker Baked Beans2022-11-14
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.9 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat0.7 g
Slow cooker baked beans. Beans with homemade maple syrup, bacon, and vegetables cooked in a slow cooker. New England style! You may also like Slow Cooker Cherry Rice Pudding or Slow Cooker Lemon-Garlic Chicken
Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- 4 slices uncooked bacon, chopped
- 3 cans (15 oz (450 ml)) each Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) water
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) canned tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 bay leaf
Heat a large nonstick skillet. Add chopped bacon and cook until almost cooked but not crispy. Drain on a paper towel.
In a slow cooker, combine cooked bacon and the remaining ingredients. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours or until mixture is thickened.
Remove the baked bean mixture from the slow cooker. Discard bay leaf and serve.