Slow Cooker Beef and Barley Soup Recipe2022-11-22
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
3 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.1 g
Slow cooker beef and barley soup recipe. Beef stew meat with barley and vegetables cooked in a slow cooker. This yummy and hearty soup is even better if made for a day in advance. Are you looking for more easy and delicious slow cooker recipes? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Beef and Barley Soup Recipe
- 4 cups (1 L) water
- 14½ oz (435 ml) can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 14½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound (480 g) beef stew meat, cut into cubes
- 1 cup cubed potatoes
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
In a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except peas, barley, and seasoning. Stir well.
Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender, adding thawed peas and barley during the last 20 minutes.
Turn off the cooker and open the lid. Discard bay leaf. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and stir well.
Ladle into soup bowls. Serve hot.