Slow Cooker Beef Soup with Red Wine2021-10-30
- Cuisine: French
- Course: Soup
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.4 g
Slow cooker beef soup with red wine. Cubed beef with vegetables and dry red wine cooked in a slow cooker. The flavor of this delicious soup is reminiscent of the classic Beef Burgundy.
You may also like Jamaican Beef Stew, another delicious beef recipe cooked in a crock pot (slow cooker)
Slow Cooker Beef Soup with Red Wine
- 4 cups (1L) beef broth
- 1 pound (480 g) lean beef stew meat, cubed
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry red wine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 bay leaf
Combine all ingredients, except seasoning, in 6-quart(6 L) slow cooker. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Discard bay leaves. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve hot.