Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Stew
- Yield : 8
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Slow cooker beef and vegetable stew. Beef with vegetables cooked in a slow cooker
- 2 ½ pounds (1.44 kg) beef round steak,fat trimmed and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup (180 g) chopped red bell pepper
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 1 ¼ cups (310 ml) water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 10 oz (300 g) package frozen sugar snap peas,thawed
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
Grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat greased skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the meat and cook until brown.
Transfer cooked beef to greased slow cooker.
Add vegetable oil to the same skillet. Add remaining beef and cook until brown. Drain off fat. Transfer meat to slow cooker.
Add sliced carrots, potatoes, bell pepper, and leeks.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine 1¼ cups water, the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, beef bouillon and cayenne pepper. Mix well and pour over mixture in slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 7-8 hours.
Turn heat to high. In a small mixing bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining 2 tablespoons cold water. Mix well. Stir into mixture in slow cooker. Stir in thawed peas.
Cover slow cooker and cook for a further 15 minutes or until sauce thickened and sugar snap peas are tender.