Slow Cooker Bratwurst Stew
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 7:00 h
- Ready In : 7:15 h
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
3people rated this recipe
- 4 cups coarsely chopped green cabbage
- 1 pound (480 g) cooked smoked bratwurst,cut into bite-size pieces
- 1½ oz cups coarsely chopped red potatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 2 cans (14 ½ oz (435 ml) each) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seeds
- Shredded swiss cheese (optional)
In a slow cooker,combine cabbage,bratwurst,potatoes,bell pepper, and onion. Mix well.
In a large mixing bowl,combine remaining ingredients,except Swiss cheese. Stir well. Pour mustard mixture over mixture in slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours.
Turn off slow cooker. Ladle stew into soup bowls. Top each bowl with shredded Swiss cheese,if desired.