Slow Cooker Cantonese Pork Stew Recipe
- Yield : 6 serving plates
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3.7 g
Polyunsaturated Fat1.2 g
Slow cooker Cantonese pork stew recipe. Pork with vegetables and pineapples cooked in a slow cooker. Very delicious Chinese recipe! Are you looking for more pork or slow cooker recipes? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Slow Cooker, Pork
slow cooker recipes, crock pot recipes, dinner ideas, pork stew recipe, cooking pork stew in slow cooker
Slow Cooker Cantonese Pork Recipe
- 1½ pounds (1,250 kg) lean pork steak, cut into strips
- 8 oz (240 ml) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup (180 g) sliced onion
- 3/4 cup (180 g) sliced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup (180 g) sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/2 cup (125 g) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup (125 g) halved snow peas
- 1/4 cup (60 g) fresh cold water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 3 cups (750 g) cooked rice, warm
In slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except pineapple chunks, snow peas, cornstarch, water, seasoning, and rice. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours. Stir snow peas during last 15 minutes.
Turn heat to high and cook for additional 10 minutes, then stir in combined cornstarch and water, stirring well until thickened for 2-3 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Serve Cantonese pork stew with cooked rice.