Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 11:00 h
- Ready In: 11:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker cheeseburger soup. Delicious beef soup with vegetables and cheese cooked in a slow cooker
- 1 pound (480 g) ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 cups (500 g) peeled and cubed russet potatoes
- 1 medium carrot,peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 g) ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh serrano chile peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 14½ oz (430 g) each cans beef broth
- 10 ¾ oz (320 g) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup (125 g) shredded cheddar cheese
In a large nonstick skillet,cook,stirring occasionally, ground beef,onion and garlic over medium-high heat until meat is brown,using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat.
In a slow cooker,combine beef mixture,potatoes,carrot,ketchup,mustard,serrano peppers and seasoning. Mix well. Stir in beef broth and cheese soup.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 10-11 hours.
Remove cooked cheeseburger soup from slow cooker. Ladle into soup bowls. Top each serving with shredded cheddar cheese and serve.