Slow Cooker Cheesy Broccoli-Potato Soup
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker cheesy broccoli-potato soup. Excellent vegetable soup cooked in slow cooker.
- 4 cups (1 L) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 g) chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup (125 g) chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (125 g) chopped carrots (optional)
- 2 cups (500 g) unpeeled cubed Idaho potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups (500 g) small broccoli florets
- 1 cup (250 ml) 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups 9500 g) reduced-fat mild Cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except broccoli florets,milk,cornstarch,cheese and seasoning. Mix well,cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours,adding broccoli florets during last 30 minutes.
Switch heat to high and cook for a further 10 minuted. Stir in combined milk and cornstarch,stirring 2-3 minutes. Add cheddar cheese,stirring until melted (2-3 minutes) Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Ladle into soup bowls and serve immediately.