Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushrooms in Wine Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 25m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:25 h
Average Member Rating
(4.1 / 5)
8 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.3 g
Slow cooker chicken and mushrooms in wine sauce. Chicken with mushrooms, vegetables, and dry red wine cooked in a slow cooker. Very easy and delicious! You may also like Slow Cooker Lemon-Garlic Chicken or Slow Cooker Tomato Tortellini Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushrooms in Red Wine
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg ) boneless and skinless chicken pieces
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon frehsly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded parmesan cheese
In a 3½-5 quart(3½-5 L) slow cooker place mushrooms, chopped onion, and minced garlic. Arrange chicken pieces on top of the vegetables
In a mixing bowl, combine chicken broth, dry red wine, tapioca, crushed basil, sugar, salt and black pepper. Mix well and pour mixture over chicken.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 7-8 hours.
Remove cooked chicken with mushroom-wine gravy form slow cooker. Transfer to serving platter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.