Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushrooms in Wine Sauce
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:25 h
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
3people rated this recipe
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garli,peeled and minced
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg ) boneless and skinless chicken pieces
- 3/4 cup 9180 ml) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon frehsly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded parmesan cheese
In a 3½-5 quart(3½-5 L) slow cooker place mushrooms,chopped onion and minced garlic. Arrange chicken pieces on top of the vegetables
In a mixing bowl,combine chicken broth,dry red wine,tapioca,crushed basil,sugar,salt and black pepper. Mix well and pour mixture over chicken.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 7-8 hours.
Remove cooked chicken with mushroom-wine gravy form slow cooker. Transfer to serving platter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.