Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts with Figs
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:10 h
- Ready In : 8:20 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
- 4 skinless,boneless chicken breasts,cut into halves
- 8 dried figs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh cold water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 3 cups (750 g) cooked rice,warm
In slow cooker, combine all ingredients,except cornstarch,water,honey,seasoning and rice. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4-6 hours.
Remove cooked chicken from slow cooker and keep warm.
In a mixing bowl,combine cornstarch,water and honey. Stir well and add to slow cooker. Continue cooking on high-heat setting,stirring 2-3 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Season chicken breasts with delicious sauce over cooked rice.