Slow Cooker Chicken Curry Stew Recipe2022-06-14
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3.2 g
Trans Fat0.2 g
Unsaturated Fat0.2 g
Slow cooker chicken curry stew recipe. Chicken breasts with vegetables and curry seasoning cooked in slow cooker. This tasty chicken recipe belongs to Indian cuisine.
The mixture of Indian spices in the Curry Seasoning gives this yummy stew a unique flavor.
Substitute Curry Seasoning for 3 tablespoons of curry powder.
To make Curry Seasoning at home, you need to use the following ingredients:
Makes 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
Mix well. Use spicy mixture for Chicken Curry Stew Recipe.
Slow Cooker Chicken Curry Stew Recipe
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cubed
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) low-fat coconut milk
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can crushed tomatoes
- 6 oz (180 ml) can tomato paste
- 1 cup cubed potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Curry Seasoning
- 1 cup fresh okra
- salt to taste
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except okra, and salt. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours, adding okra during the last 30 minutes.
Turn off slow cooker. Season to taste with salt. Serve hot.