Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala with Fettuccine2021-02-19
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 2:20 h
- Ready In: 2:30 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.0 g
Trans Fat1 g
Unsaturated Fat0.8 g
Slow cooker chicken Marsala with fettuccine. Fettuccine made with slow cooker chicken Marsala is a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
What are some other Italian dishes that can be cooked using a slow cooker?
Slow cookers were originally designed for cooking stews and soups. However, the slow cooker has evolved over the years to cook a variety of dishes.
Some other Italian dishes that can be cooked using a slow cooker include:
– Spaghetti and Meatballs: The meatballs are made with a mixture of beef, pork, veal, and eggs. They’re browned in a skillet before being added to the slow cooker along with spaghetti sauce. The dish is then covered and cooked on low for about 4 hours.
– Bolognese Sauce: This dish is made by adding tomato paste, onion, garlic, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, herbs de Provence (thyme), crushed red pepper flakes (or paprika), salt and pepper to ground beef, browning the mixture, and then simmering it in tomato sauce.- Fettuccine Alfredo: This dish has cream cheese, butter, milk, and Parmesan cheese as the primary ingredients. The pasta is then sautéed with garlic and parsley in a skillet over medium-low heat.- Frozen Yogurt: Yogurt may be used instead of low-fat milk.- Shredded Mozzarella: Fresh mozzarella may be substituted for shredded cheese.- Low Fat Milk: 1% or 2% milk may be substituted for the whole milk.
You may also like Easy Cassoulet Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala with Fettuccine
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Marsala wine
- 12 oz (360 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 oz (240 g) cooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Season chicken breasts with salt and black pepper and transfer to slow cooker.
Preheat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add chopped onion and cook, stirring, until translucent. Add Marsala wine and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture reduces slightly. Stir in sliced mushrooms.
Add chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce,1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Stir well and pour mixture over chicken.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 1½-2 hours or until chicken is done. Remove cooked chicken from the slow cooker and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine whipping cream and cornstarch. Mix well until smooth.
Stir mixture into cooking liquid. Cover the slow cooker and cook 15 minutes longer or until the mixture is thickened.
Cook pasta according to cooking directions. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
Place cooked chicken over the cooked fettuccine. Top with sauce and sprinkle with chopped parsley.