Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala with Fettuccine
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 2:20 h
- Ready In : 2:30 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker chicken Marsala with fettuccine. Chicken breasts with Marsala wine and vegetables cooked in slow cooker and served over cooked fettuccine.
- 4 boneless,skinless chicken breasts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Marsala wine
- 12 oz (360 g) sliced brown mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 oz (240 g) cooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Season chicken breasts with salt and black pepper and transfer to slow cooker.
Preheat vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet. Add chopped onion and cook,stirring,until translucent. Add Marsala wine and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes or until mixture reduces slightly. Stir in sliced mushrooms.
Add chicken broth,Worcestershire sauce,1/2 teaspoon salt ans 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Stir well and pour mixture over chicken.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 1½-2 hours or until chicken is done. Remove cooked chicken from slow cooker and set aside.
In a mixing bowl,combine whipping cream and cornstarch. Mix well until smooth.
Stir mixture into cooking liquid. Cover slow cooker and cook 15 minutes longer or until mixture is thickened.
Cook pasta according cooking directions. Drain and transfer to large serving bowl.
Slice chicken breasts and place on cooked fettuccine. Top with sauce and sprinkle with chopped parsley.