Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Recipe2023-04-14
- Yield: 3
- Servings: 3
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 4:00 h
- Ready In: 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(4.7 / 5)
3 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.5 g
Trans Fat3.4 g
Unsaturated Fat1.0 g
Slow cooker chicken thighs recipe. Chicken thighs with Worcestershire sauce and creamy chicken soup cooked in the slow cooker.
How to Make Chicken Thighs in a Slow Cooker
To make delicious chicken thighs in a slow cooker, you can try a recipe that combines the flavors of Worcestershire sauce and creamy chicken soup. This combination creates a rich and savory dish that is sure to please your taste buds.
Start by gathering the ingredients you will need: 6 skinned bone-in chicken thighs, 1½ teaspoons of paprika, a 10¾ oz (325 ml) can of cream of chicken soup, and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
Begin by seasoning the chicken thighs with the paprika. This will add a subtle smoky flavor to the dish. Next, mix the cream of chicken soup with the flour until well combined. This will create a thick and creamy sauce that will coat the chicken as it cooks.
Place the seasoned chicken thighs in the slow cooker and pour the creamy sauce over them. Make sure the chicken is evenly coated with the sauce. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours.
During the cooking process, the chicken thighs will become tender and juicy, absorbing all the flavors from the Worcestershire sauce and creamy chicken soup. The slow cooker allows the chicken to cook slowly and evenly, resulting in a melt-in-your-mouth texture.
Once the chicken thighs are cooked, you can serve them with your favorite side dishes such as mashed potatoes or steamed vegetables. The creamy sauce can be spooned over the chicken for added flavor and moisture.
Chicken Thighs Serving Suggestions
Once you have cooked your delicious chicken thighs in the slow cooker, it’s time to think about how to serve them. Here are a few serving suggestions that will complement the flavors of the dish and make it a complete meal.
1. Mashed Potatoes: Serve the tender chicken thighs on a bed of creamy mashed potatoes. The creamy sauce from the slow cooker will add extra flavor to the potatoes, creating a comforting and satisfying combination.
2. Steamed Vegetables: Pair the chicken thighs with a side of steamed vegetables for a healthy and balanced meal. Broccoli, carrots, and green beans are great options that will add color and nutrients to your plate.
3. Rice Pilaf: Serve the chicken thighs alongside a flavorful rice pilaf. The savory flavors of the chicken will complement the aromatic spices in the rice, creating a delicious and filling meal.
4. Salad: For a lighter option, serve the chicken thighs on a bed of fresh salad greens. Add some cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and a drizzle of vinaigrette for a refreshing and nutritious meal.
5. Bread Rolls: If you prefer a more casual meal, serve the chicken thighs on soft bread rolls. Add some lettuce, tomato slices, and your favorite condiments for a tasty chicken sandwich.
These serving suggestions are just a starting point. Feel free to get creative and experiment with different side dishes and flavors to find your favorite combination. Whether you choose mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, rice pilaf, salad, or bread rolls, the slow cooker chicken thighs will be the star of the meal, providing
Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 6 skinned, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- 10¾ oz (325 ml) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Lightly grease the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Season chicken thighs with paprika. Place in the greased pot, then pout in chicken soup.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
Open the lid. Using the slotted spoon, remove it from the slow cooker. Transfer to a serving plate.
Stir all-purpose flour into the cooking liquid until flour is dissolved completely. Add shredded Cheddar cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Add Worcestershire sauce and mix until well combined. Season sauce with salt and black pepper.
Spoon the sauce over the cooked chicken. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve over the cooked quinoa.