Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Recipe2018-04-14
- Yield : 3 serving plates
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:00 h
- Ready In : 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
- 1 cup dry raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry sherry
- 4 oz (120 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion,peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 gaelic cloves.peeled and crushed
- 4 oz (120 g) sliced almonds
- 2 apples,peeled,cored and diced
- 10 oz (300 ml) boiling chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tequila
- chopped fresh herbs,to garnish
- 1 lightly under-ripe plantain,peeled and sliced
In a small bowl,combine raisins and sherry. Set aside and and allow to soak.
In another mixing bowl,combine dried ingredients. Mix well.
In a large frying pan,heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Coat each chicken thigh in flour mixture. Add to hot vegetable oil and fry,turning,until browned on both sides.
Remove browned chicken thighs from the pan. Pat dry with paper towel.
Heat remaining vegetable oil in pan. Add sliced onion and fry,stirring,for 5 minutes,or until onions are soft and begin to brown. Stir in the garlic,then remove pan from the heat.
Transfer cooked onions and garlic to slow cooker. Add apples and sprinkle with almonds,plantain slices and raisins.
Pour in dry sherry,chicken stock and tequila and stir well to combine.
Add chicken thighs to slow cooker,pressing them down into the stock. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours or until chicken thighs are very tender.