Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Strata2017-02-18
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
- 1 ½ pounds (720 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cut into bite-size pieces
- 10 ¾ oz (325 ml) can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green chile salsa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 ½ oz (255 g) low-fat white corn tortillas,torn into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
In a large mixing bowl,combine chicken,chicken soup,salsa and cornstarch. Mix well.
Line bottom of slow cooker with 1/3 of tortillas. Top with 1/3 of chicken mixture. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup onion and 1/4 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Repeat layers,ending with Cheddar cheese.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Turn off slow cooker. Using a spatula,remove chicken tortilla strata from cooker. Transfer to a serving platter. Allow to cool for a few minutes,before cutting.
Average Member Rating
(3.3 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe