Slow Cooker Chicken with Wild Rice Soup2020-10-09
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Soup
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:30 h
- Ready In: 8:40 h
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
7 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.9 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.4 g
Slow cooker chicken with wild rice soup. Very delicious creamy chicken and wild rice soup cooked in a slow cooker. You may also like Slow Cooker Honey Pulled Pork
Slow Cooker Chicken with Wild Rice Soup
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 pound(480 g) skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 2 cans (300g each) condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 can (420 ml) chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) half-and-half
- 1 rib celery, diced
Put chicken slices in a slow cooker. Combine rice, onions, chicken broth, potato soup, celery, peppercorns, and carrots. Mix well and pour mixture over chicken.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7-8 hours.
Stir in half-and-half. Turn slow cooker to high-heat setting. Cover and cook slow cooker chicken for a further 15-30 minutes or until hot.