Slow Cooker Goulash Soup
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Very popular soup.Beef with vegetables cooked in slow cooker.Stir in combined 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream and 1 tablespoon cornstarch into this delicious soup at the end of cooking time.Stir 2-3 minutes.
- 6 cups (1.5 L) beef broth
- 1 pound (480 g) lean beef round,cubed
- 2 cups (500 g) peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 cup (250 g) chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup cut green beans
- 1/2 cup (125 g) thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup (125g) diced celery
- 2 large cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup (60 g) pearl barley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 15 oz (450 ml) can tomato sauce
- 5 oz (150 g) cooked crispy bacon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except tomato sauce,bacon and seasoning. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours,adding tomato sauce during last hour of cooking.
In a large nonstick skillet,cook bacon until crisp.
Discard bay leaf and ladle goulash soup into soup bowls. Top with crispy bacon and serve.