Slow Cooker Greek Stuffed Meatballs Recipe2022-01-31
- Yield: 7
- Servings: 7
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 4:00 h
- Ready In: 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(4.5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat4.7 g
Trans Fat4 g
Unsaturated Fat1.1 g
Slow cooker Greek stuffed meatballs recipe. Feta cheese-stuffed lamb and beef balls cooked in a slow cooker and served with homemade Greek Tomato Sauce (recipe follows)
You may also like Thai Turkey Meatballs and other yummy meatballs cooked in a slow cooker.
Greek Tomato Sauce Recipe
Ingredients: 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped yellow onion, 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced, 8 oz (240 ml) can tomato sauce, 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry red wine, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
Method: In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped yellow onion and minced garlic. Cook, stirring, until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Heat through. Serve over the cooked meatballs.
What is a Slow Cooker and What are the Key Features of a Slow Cooker?
A slow cooker is an appliance that cooks food over a long period of time with low heat. It has been around since the 1970s and has become popular as more people learn about its benefits.
The key features of a slow cooker are:
– The ability to cook food without heating up your kitchen
– The ability to set the cooking time for different types of food
– The ability to cook dishes with minimal effort
What is the Best Way to Use a Slow Cooker?
Slow cookers are a great tool for busy people. They allow you to prepare food in a fraction of the time by cooking it for hours.
Slow cookers are versatile and can be used in many ways. The following are some of the best uses for slow cookers:
– Crockpot recipes – Make easy, delicious crockpot meals with these recipes.
– Make easy, delicious crockpot meals with these recipes. – A Pressure Cooker Alternative – Use your slow cooker as an alternative to pressure cookers to make soups, stews, and more!
– Use your slow cooker as an alternative to pressure cookers to make soups, stews, and more! – Meatballs – Try this recipe for meatballs that can be cooked on low or high heat in a slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Greek Stuffed Meatballs Recipe
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned fine breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green olives (optional)
- 1/4 cup finley chopped black olives (optional)
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound (480 g) lean ground beef
- 1 pound (480 g) ground lamb
- 6 oz (180 g) feta cheese or mozzarella, cubed
Preheat an oven to 350 F (175 C). In a large mixing bowl, combine beaten eggs, breadcrumbs, olives (if using) parsley, garlic, and seasoning. Stir well. Add ground beef and lamb. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Shape the meat mixture into a ball around each cheese cube. Arrange cheesy meatballs in a single layer in a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Drain well.
Turn off the oven and remove baked meatballs. Transfer to 4-5-quart (4-5 L) slow cooker. Pour the tomato sauce over the meatballs. Gently toss to coat.
Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 3-4 hours.
Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Remove cooked meatballs from the cooker and transfer to a serving plate. Pour the sauce over. Serve hot.