Slow Cooker Herbed Stroganoff with Mushrooms2021-04-23
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10:30 h
- Ready In: 10:40 h
Average Member Rating
(3.6 / 5)
9 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat6 g
Trans Fat1 g
Unsaturated Fat0.6 g
Slow cooker herbed Stroganoff with mushrooms. This is a recipe for a classic dish called “stroganoff”, which typically consists of beef or chicken, mushrooms, sour cream, and served with egg noodles.
What Makes Hertbed Stroganoff the Perfect Casual Dinner?
Beef Stroganoff is a dish that can be cooked in a slow cooker, crock pot, or oven. The slow cooker takes the longest to cook but is the most hands-free of all three cooking methods.
Beef Stroganoff is often considered an easy and no-fuss dish to make. It’s one of those meals that you can throw together quickly and enjoy with your family without being too much of a hassle.
This recipe for slow cooker herbed Stroganoff can be made in less than 30 minutes, which makes it perfect for those evenings when you want something quick and simple yet comforting.
How to Make the Herbed Stroganoff Sauce
This is a step-by-step tutorial on how to make the Herbed Stroganoff Sauce. It has a great combination of flavors that will make your taste buds go crazy!
This recipe is very easy to follow and requires very little cooking time. The ingredients are also simple and easy to find at your local grocery store. This sauce is perfect for pasta, but it can also be used as a dip for breadsticks or bread slices. It would also taste great on top of a bowl of steamed green beans.
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 cups (500 ml) milk, warmed to just under a boil and cooled to room temperature
2 tablespoons sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt) – or 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sprinkle in the flour and stir until it forms a paste with the butter, about 2 minutes.
2. Stirring constantly, add in the warmed milk – whisking to avoid any lumps of flour from forming.
3. Add the sour cream, salt, and pepper. Continue to stir until it starts to thicken.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and gradually add in the grated Parmesan cheese – a tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly so that it doesn’t clump or stick on the bottom of your pan.
5. Once you’ve added all of the cheese, sprinkle in the parsley and stir until it’s uniformly distributed.
6. Salt to taste
Slow Cooker Herbed Stroganoff with Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 cups (370 ml) beef broth, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds (720 g) beef stew meat, cubed
- 2 cups (500 g) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry cherry
- 1 cup (250 g) nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup 9125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 4 cups (1 kg) cooked egg noodles
Lightly grease large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add 1 tablespoon beef broth and heat over medium-high heat.
Add beef stew meat and cook until browned on all sides. Turn off the heat and. Drain cooked meat.
Lightly grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In slow cooker, combine cooked beef, mushrooms, minced garlic, oregano, thyme, black pepper, and bay leaf. Pour over cherry and remaining beef broth. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours.
Discard bay leaf. Turn heat to high.
In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, all-purpose flour, and water. Mix well. Add 1 cup (250 ml) of cooking liquid from slow cooker to flour mixture. Mix well.
Return mixture to slow cooker and stir well to combine. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 30 minutes. Serve over the cooked noodles.