Slow Cooker Indian-Style Riblets
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6:00 h
- Ready In : 6:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker Indian-style riblets. Riblets with spices cooked in slow cooker.
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground cardamom
- 3 pounds (1.45 kg) pork loin back ribs
- 12 oz (360 g) bottle chili sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 g) snipped apricots
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca,crushed
- 1 fresh serrano chile pepper,seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- snipped fresh cilantro
In a small mixing bowl,combine curry,ginger,cumin,cinnamon and cardamom. Stir well. Sprinkle ribs evenly with spice mixture and rub in with your fingers.
Cut ribs into single portions. Place rubbed ribs in slow cooker.
In a medium bowl,combine remaining ingredients,except cilantro. Mix well and pour mixture over ribs. Stir well to coat.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours or until ribs are tender. Remove cooked ribs from slow cooker. Place on serving platter. Pour spicy sauce over ribs and serve.