Slow Cooker Kedgeree
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 2:10 h
- Ready In: 2:20 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat4.2 g
Trans Fat2.7 g
Unsaturated Fat0.9 g
Slow cooker kedgeree.Kedgeree is a dish of rice and smoked fish boiled with spices and typically served with hard-boiled eggs and chutney. This slow cooker version is the perfect breakfast or brunch dish.
What is a Kedgeree?
Kedgeree is a dish that originated in India and has been popularized in Britain.
The Kedgeree is a dish that originated in India and has been popularized in Britain. Originally, it was made with rice, smoked fish, hard-boiled eggs, onions, salt, and pepper. It was later adapted to include curry powder and other ingredients.
It has been said that the Kedgeree was invented by an 18th-century British admiral who loved the dish so much he brought the recipe home from his travels to India.
What are the Benefits of Slow Cooker Kedgeree?
Slow cooker kedgeree is a dish that can be cooked in a crockpot and it is healthy. The dish contains rice, eggs, onions, and spices.
The benefits of slow cooker kedgeree are that it’s delicious, easy to make, and healthy.
The 5 Best Slow Cooker Kedgeree Recipes
Kedgeree is a dish that originated in India, which consists of rice and smoked fish.
1) Slow Cooker Kedgeree Recipe: This recipe is very easy to make and it’s perfect for a Sunday brunch. You will need cooked rice, smoked fish, olive oil, onion, garlic cloves, and turmeric powder.
2) Crock Pot Kedgeree Recipe: This recipe is perfect for those who are looking for an easy alternative to oven cooking or stovetop cooking. You will need cooked rice, boiled eggs (hard-boiled or soft-boiled), smoked fish, and curry powder.
3) Kedgeree in a Jar Recipe: This recipe is great because it means that you can prepare your kedgeree ahead of time and then just reheat it when needed. You will need cooked rice, smoked fish, curry powder, and lemon juice.
4) Crock Pot Kedgeree Recipe with a Twist: This recipe features kedgeree with sweet potatoes and is perfect for those who are looking for something new to try. You will need cooked rice, smoked fish, onion, garlic cloves, and sweet potato wedges (sliced).
5) Slow Cooker Kedgeree Recipe with Risotto: This recipe is perfect for those looking to use their crock pot to save time and is an easy way to prepare risotto. You will need cooked rice, smoked fish, onions, garlic cloves, and sweet potato wedges (sliced).
6) Gourmet Kedgeree Recipe: This recipe has all the ingredients included in the original, but it features a curry-lemon dressing served on top of the kedgeree.7) Slow Cooker Kedgeree Recipe with Soup: This is another version of the slow cooker kedgeree, but it has a soup base.
Slow Cooker Kedgeree
You may like as well:
- 1 pound (480 g) smoked cod
- 1 oz (30 g) unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 cups (500 ml) boiling water
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 hot pepper, seeded and thinly sliced (optional)
Place smoked cod in a frying pan, cover with cold water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, then drain and flake it. Set aside.
Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute, stirring occasionally, until soft, for about 5 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and continue cooking and stirring, for a further 1 minute, or until fragrant.
Add rice, mix well and fry, stirring, for a few minutes, or until the grains are coated and golden. Remove the rice mixture from the pan and transfer it to a slow cooker. Add boiling water and flaked cod. Mix well.
Cover the pot and cook on a high-heat setting for 1½ -2 hours.
When ready to serve, add quartered eggs, and sliced pepper (optional), then season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve immediately.