Slow Cooker Lamb Stew Recipe
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(2.5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.4 g
Trans Fat2.7 g
Unsaturated Fat0.7 g
Slow cooker lamb stew recipe. Lamb stew is the perfect family dinner or comfort food for a chilly day. The slow cooking method makes it easy to throw together, and the result is tender, flavorful meat with vegetables that are just right.
The Best Slow Cooker Lamb Stew Recipe for the Holidays
This recipe is a hearty, filling, and nutritious dish that will keep you warm during the cold winter months. It also has a rich flavor with subtle hints of cinnamon and thyme.
The Lamb Stew is one of the best recipes for this time of year. It’s easy, quick to make, and it tastes delicious. Here are a few reasons why:
– You can put it in the slow cooker before you go to work or school in the morning and then come home to a hot meal after a long day.
– It only takes about 15 minutes to prepare before putting it in the slow cooker so it’s perfect for those days when you’re short on time but still want something satisfying at dinner time.
Advantages of Slow Cooking
Slow cooking is a healthy and delicious way to cook food. It has many benefits such as saving time, preserving natural flavors, and reducing the need for unhealthy oils.
Why I Love Slow Cooker Lamb Stew
I love to cook and I have a lot of fun experimenting with new recipes. But every now and then, I get a little too ambitious and end up spending all day in the kitchen. So when I want to make dinner but don’t have a lot of time, I turn to my slow cooker. The beauty of slow cooker lamb stew is that you can make it in the morning before work and come home to dinner ready and waiting! All you need is some potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and water. Throw them into the pot with your lamb pieces (I use shoulder) then turn it on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. In the last hour or so add some frozen peas if you like them (I do). The result is a big bowl of tender, meaty stew with the flavors of fall and chilly weather.
Slow Cooker Lamb Stew Recipe
You may like as well:
- 4 cups (1 L) fat-free beef stock
- 2 cans (15 oz (450 ml) each)) tomato sauce
- 1 pound lean lamb, cubed
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/3 cup unccoked long-grain rice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except rice and seasoning. Mix well.
Cover the pot and cook in a low-heat setting for 6-8 hours, adding rice during the last 2 hours.
Turn the cooker and open the lid. Discard bay leaf. Season the stew with salt and black pepper
Ladle the stew into soup bowls. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Serve hot.