Slow Cooker Maryland Crab Soup2021-07-24
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(4.7 / 5)
7 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.8 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat0.4 g
Slow cooker Maryland crab soup. Delicious crab soup with vegetables cooked in a slow cooker. You may also like German Potato Soup, another delicious soup cooked in a crock pot.
Are you looking for more easy and tasty slow cooker recipes? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Maryland Crab Soup
- 1 ½ quarts (1 ½ L) fat-free beef broth
- 2 ½ cups (370 ml ) clam juice
- 2 ½ cups (370 g) canned tomatoes, undrained and coarsely chopped
- 3 cups (750 g) diced red potatoes
- 1 cup (250 g) green beans, cut to 1 inch (2.5 cm)
- 1 cup (250 g) whole kernel corn
- 2 large yellow onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 12 oz (360 g) fresh crab meat, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 slices bacon, fried crisp, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In 6 quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except crab meat, bacon, parsley, and seasoning. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours. Add remaining ingredients during last 20 minutes.
Remove cooked soup from slow cooker. Discard bay leaf. Ladle into a soup bowls and serve.
posted by jim elliott on April 15, 2021
Did I miss something; I don’t see parsley mentioned in the recipe unless it was hidden by something. I saw it under step 1, but not in the recipe itself so I don’t know how much.
posted by Slava Bond on April 15, 2021
Sorry, corrected. Use 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley. Best Regards
posted by Jim Elliott on September 30, 2022
thank you! I just saw this; I’ll be making it tomorrow – wish me luck. 🙂
posted by Mickey Cashen on October 2, 2021
This MARYLAND crab soup is “Canadian cuisine”??
As a lifelong, 71 year-old Maryland resident who loves cooking, this definitely works as a version of Maryland Crab Soup, but if you’re going to put that much of all those veggies in, you need to double the amount of crab meat – which should be lump crab meat. If claw meat is used, it’s traditional to put the entire claws in the soup, broken and meat extracted when eaten, so the claw meat doesn’t disintegrate.