Slow Cooker Meatball Pasta Stew
- Yield : 16 meatballs
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker meatball pasta stew. Romano meatballs with vegetables and pasta cooked in slow cooker.Before cook in slow cooker,brown meatballs in a lightly greased skillet,so they will bee less fragile.
- Romano Meatballs (recipe follows)
- 2 cans (14 oz (420 ml) each)) low-sodium,fat-free beef broth
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) plum tomatoes,undrained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 oz (120 g) pasta,cooked
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cold water
- Romano Meatballs
- 8 oz (240 g) lean ground beef
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning,divided
- 2 oz (60 g) grated Romano cheese
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except pasta,broccoli,cornstarch,water,salt and black pepper(make sure meatballs are submerged). Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours,adding pasta and broccoli during last 15 minutes .
Increase heat to high. Cook for a further 10 minutes. Stir in combined water and cornstarch. Cook,stirring 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with shredded Romano cheese,if desired.
For Romano Meatballs: In a large mixing bowl,combine all meatball ingredients. Mix well. With a wet hands,shape mixture into 16 meatballs.