Slow Cooker Mexican Meatball Soup
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(4.3 / 5)
3people rated this recipe
Slow cooker Mexican meatball soup.Meatballs with vegetables cooked in slow cooker.A great favorite in Mexico,this delicious soup is traditionally seasoned with mint;I’ve offered oregano as an alternative.
- 2 cans (14 ½ oz (435 ml) each) reduced sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 ml) tomato juice
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- Mexican meatballs (see recipe below)
- 2 medium zucchini,sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 small jalapeno chili,seeded,veins discarded and minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mexican Metaballs:1 pound (480 g) ground beef
- 1/4 cup cooked white rice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint and oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black peppr
Combine all ingredients,except seasoning,in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat setting for 4-5 hours.
Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Mexican Meatballs: In a mixing bowl,combine all ingredients. Mix well and shape into 24 small meatballs.