Slow Cooker Orange-Ginger Chicken Tenderloins2022-01-13
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 4:00 h
- Ready In: 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(4.5 / 5)
6 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3.1 g
Trans Fat1 g
Unsaturated Fat7 g
Slow cooker orange-ginger chicken tenderloins. This is an easy, healthy, and delicious orange-ginger chicken tenderloin recipe! Chicken tenderloins with ginger, soy sauce, and orange juice cooked in a slow cooker.
The flavors of this dish are very similar to those of favorite traditional Oriental chicken recipes but require a lot less work.
What are some benefits of using a slow cooker?
A slow cooker is an appliance that cooks food by heating it at
a low temperature. It uses moist heat to cook food, which allows meats to cook for hours without drying out and the vegetables to soften without getting mushy.
Some of the benefits of using a slow cooker are:
– You can prepare a meal in advance and leave it unattended while you are away from home.
– It’s easy to use – no need for complicated instructions or cooking skills.
– You can make some of your favorite dishes in just minutes!
What are some downsides to using a slow cooker?
Slow cookers are one of the most popular kitchen appliances. They are easy to use and convenient for busy people. However, there are some downsides to using a slow cooker, such as the risk of food poisoning or burning.
The following are some of the ways that slow cookers can cause food poisoning:
– Not using hot enough water when filling the crockpot
– Leaving cooked food in the crockpot for too long after cooking
– Using raw meat in a slow cooker
– Leaving cooked meat in a crockpot with raw vegetables
Slow Cooker Orange-Ginger Chicken Tenderloins
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) freshly squeezeed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
Rinse chicken tenderloins under running cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
Arrange chicken tenderloins in one layer in the slow cooker.
In a small mixing bowl, combine orange juice, orange peel, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Mix well and pour the soy mixture over the chicken.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours or until chicken tenderloins are tender.
Remove cooked chicken from the slow cooker and keep warm. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. Stir in the cornstarch mixture into cooking juices in the slow cooker.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on the high-heat setting, stirring occasionally, for a further 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour sauce over the cooked chicken and serve immediately.