Slow Cooker Orange Pork Ragout2022-02-04
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat5 g
Trans Fat1 g
Unsaturated Fat3.3 g
Slow cooker orange pork ragout. Pork loin with vegetables, orange juice, and greens cooked in a slow cooker. Orange juice and cloves give this delicious pork ragout recipe a distinct flavor. Orange pork ragout is a cozy, comforting, and flavorful slow-cooked meal that’s perfect for winter.
What are some benefits of slow cooker meals?
Slow cooker meals are a great way to save time and money. They make cooking easy and can be done in bulk. Some benefits of slow cooker meals are that they are easy to prepare, require little time and effort, and can be made in bulk.
You may also like Cuban Mojo Pork cooked in a slow cooker, another delicious pork recipe.
What can you do with the orange pork ragout?
There are many ways to use this dish. You can serve it as is, with a side of rice or pasta. You can also use it as a filling for sandwiches and wraps, or as a topping for pizza. There are also many variations on the orange pork ragout recipe, so feel free to experiment with your ideas!
What are some of your favorite slow cooker recipes?
I love to cook, but sometimes I don’t have the time. That’s where my slow cooker comes in. It’s perfect for when I need to prep all day and then leave for work. This article will give you a list of some of my favorite recipes that are perfect for when you want to enjoy a delicious meal without spending hours in the kitchen!
1. Chicken and Brown Rice This is the perfect dish for when you need to get dinner on the table quickly and want a healthy meal. You can even make it the night before, stick it in your slow cooker before you leave for work!
2. White Bean Soup with Sausage This soup is loaded with protein, vegetables, and calcium- everything you need before bed!
3. Honey-Lime Spiced Chicken Thighs with Sweet Potatoes This chicken thighs dish is delicious and perfect for when you want to get your protein on! Just throw these easy ingredients in your slow cooker and come home to a wonderful, healthy meal ready for you.
Slow Cooker Orange Pork Ragout
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless pork loin, cut into cubes
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup sliced yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except cornstarch, water, and seasoning. Mix well.
Cover the pot and cook on a low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Turn heat to high and cook for a further 10 minutes. Stir in combined cornstarch and water. Continue to cook, stirring,2-3 minutes.
Turn off the slow cooker. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs. Serve hot.