Slow Cooker Picadillo Tacos
- Yield : 6 serving plates
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:00 h
- Ready In : 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Slow cooker Picadillo tacos. Mexican tacos cooked in a slow cooker. These soft tacos are perfect party pare!
- 12 oz (360 g) pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 g) thinly sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno chili
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 (60 g) cup raisins
- 1/4 cup (60 g) silvered almonds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 flour tortillas (6 -inch) warm
- 3/4 cup (180 g) chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup (180 g0 chopped avocado
- cilantro sprigs,to garnish
In a slow cooker, combine pork, water, green onions, garlic, jalapeno, cinnamon, oregano, and vinegar. Mix well. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 hours.
Remove pork from slow cooker. Using two forks, shred it. Return shredded pork to slow cooker. Add raisins and almonds. Cover slow cooker and cook for a further 1 hour. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup (60 g0 pork mixture. Sprinkle with, tablespoon each tomato and avocado and several sprigs cilantro. Roll up and serve with salsa.