Slow Cooker Picadillo Tacos2022-08-12
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 4:00 h
- Ready In: 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(2.7 / 5)
3 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3.6 g
Trans Fat0.6 g
Unsaturated Fat1.2 g
Slow cooker Picadillo tacos. Mexican tacos cooked in a slow cooker. These soft tacos are perfect party pare! You may also like Simple Pork Tacos
Slow Cooker Picadillo Tacos
- 12 oz (360 g) pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 g) thinly sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno chili
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 (60 g) cup raisins
- 1/4 cup (60 g) silvered almonds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 flour tortillas (6 -inch) warm
- 3/4 cup (180 g) chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup (180 g) chopped avocado
- cilantro sprigs, to garnish
In a slow cooker, combine pork, water, green onions, garlic, jalapeño, cinnamon, oregano, and vinegar. Mix well. Cover and cook on a low-heat setting for 3 hours.
Remove pork from slow cooker. Using two forks, shred it. Return shredded pork to slow cooker. Add raisins and almonds. Cover the slow cooker and cook for a further 1 hour. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup (60 g) pork mixture. Sprinkle with, a tablespoon of each tomato and avocado and several sprigs of cilantro. Roll up and serve with salsa.