Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Spiced Fruit
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:20 h
- Ready In: 8:30 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker pork chops with spiced fruits. Fried pork chops with fruits and vegetables cooked in slow cooker and served with orange-almond-couscous.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 16 oz (480 g) package dried apples
- 1 medium onion,peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) chicken broth
- 1 small jalapeño pepper,seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Orange Couscous(see recipe below)
Sprinkle pork chops with salt and black pepper.
In large nonstick skillet preheat vegetable oil. Add seasoned pork chops and cook until brown on both sides.
Place cooked pork in slow cooker.
In small mixing bowl,combine apples,onion and raisins. Sprinkle apple mixture over chops.
In another mixing bowl,stir together orange juice,chicken broth,jalapeño pepper,garlic,ginger and apple pie spice. Pour over all.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours. Transfer slow cooker pork chops and fruit to a platter and keep warm.
To prepare sauce,measure juices,skim fat from juices and put in a saucepan. Combine 1/4 cup fresh water and cornstarch.Stir into juices in saucepan. .Cook and stir until thickened.Cook and stir for further 2 minutes. Serve slow cooker pork chops with Orange-Almond Couscous. Pass sauce.
Orange-Almond Couscous: In a saucepan,combine 1 cup fresh water and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil.
Remove from heat and stir in 2/3 cup quick-cooking couscous and 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel. over with a lid and put aside for 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons toasted almonds.