Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Vegetables
- Servings: 10
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 6:00 h
- Ready In: 6:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 1 large onion,diced
- 1 cup peeled baby carrots
- 1 rib celery,cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 cloves garlic,finely chopped
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast,tied
- 1 extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup (250 ml) beef broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- hot cooked noodles
In slow cooker ,combine potatoes, onion,carrots,celery and garlic.
Rub roast all over with the 1 teaspoon olive oil. Season roast with the salt and freshly ground black pepper. Arrange roast on the top.
Put thyme sprigs and bay leaf into mixture. In medium-size bowl,whisk together beef broth,wine and tomato paste. Pour mixture over meat. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 6 hours.
Remove pot roast from slow cooker,cover and keep warm.
For gravy,pour liquid with vegetable mixture from slow cooker into cooking saucepan. Remove and discard thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
Using small cup,stir together flour and 2 tablespoons oil. Stir flour mixture into liquid in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir about 1 minute. Slice pot roast. Serve slow cooker pot roast with gravy and noodles.