Slow Cooker Potato Pistou Chowder2021-03-24
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 4:00 h
- Ready In: 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.4 g
Trans Fat1.7 g
Unsaturated Fat0.3 g
Slow cooker potato pistou chowder. Very easy, delicious, rich, and flavorful chowder with vegetables, herbs, and cheese cooked in a slow cooker. An excellent choice for vegetarians.
Slow Cooker Potato Pistou Chowder
- 8 cups (2 L) water
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup halved green beans
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 oz (30 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly gound black pepper
In a slow cooker, combine all vegetables, water, and marjoram. Cover cooker and cook in a high-heat setting for 3-4 hours.
Turn off the slow cooker. Pour chowder into a food processor. Process until smooth. Add garlic, basil, and grated cheese. Process until smooth again.
Return chowder to the cooker. ,
Turn off the slow cooker. Stir well. Serve with croutons, if desired.