Slow Cooker Pozole
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:15 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker pozole.This famous and delicious Mexican soup contains hominy,but you can substitute black or pinto beans.
- 2 ancho chilies,stems,seeds and veins discarded
- 1 cup(250 ml) boiling water
- 2 cans(14½ oz(435 ml) each) reduced-sodium,fat-free chicken broth
- 8 oz(20 g) cubed pork loin
- 8 oz(240 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can(14½ oz(435 g)) diced tomatoes,undrained
- 1 can(15 oz(450 g)) hominy,drained
- 1 cup(250 g) chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For garnish: thinly sliced lettuce,cabbage,green onions,radish,shredded carrot
- 6 lime wedges
In a small bowl,cover chilies with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes or until chilies are soft.
In a food processor,combine softened chilies and boiling water. Process until smooth.
In slow cooker,combine chili mixture and remaining ingredients,except seasoning,lime wedges and garnishes. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Serve slow cooker pozole soup with lime wedges and garnishes