Slow Cooker Red Clam Chowder2020-09-02
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 8 servings
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.9 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.4 g
Slow cooker red clam chowder. Clams with vegetables and herbs cooked in a slow cooker. The best chowder recipe I ever ate!
Slow Cooker Red Clam Chowder
You may like as well:
Slow Cooker Clam and Corn Chowder
Slow Cooker Potato Seafood Chowder
Slow Cooker Bean and Shrimp Chowder
Slow Cooker Shrimp and Vegetable Chowder
Slow Cooker Halibut and Potato Chowder
- 2 cups (500 ml) clam juice
- 2 cups (500 ml) tomato juice
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) diced tomatoes,undrained
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1 clave garlic, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 cans (6 ½ oz (215 ml) each) chopped clams, drained and liquid reserved
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
In 6-quart(6 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except clams and seasoning. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
Add chopped clams during last 30 minutes. Discard bay leaf and season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper. Serve slow cooker red clam chowder hot.
posted by Timothy Santrock on November 1, 2021
How much bell pepper?
posted by Slava Bond on November 1, 2021
Hi, no bell pepper there, sorry.