Slow Cooker Red Clam Chowder2022-09-02
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.9 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.4 g
Slow cooker red clam chowder. Clams with vegetables and herbs cooked in a slow cooker. The best chowder recipe I ever ate!
Slow Cooker Red Clam Chowder
You may like as well:
- 2 cups (500 ml) clam juice
- 2 cups (500 ml) tomato juice
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) diced tomatoes,undrained
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1 clave garlic, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 cans (6 ½ oz (215 ml) each) chopped clams, drained and liquid reserved
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
In 6-quart(6 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except clams and seasoning. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
Add chopped clams during last 30 minutes. Discard bay leaf and season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper. Serve slow cooker red clam chowder hot.