Slow Cooker Rosemary Beef Stew
- Yield : 6 soup bowls
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker rosemary beef stew. Cubed beef with vegetables , dry sherry and dried rosemary cooked in slow cooker.Dried rosemary gives to this yummy beef stew fantastic flavor!
- 1 ½ pounds (720 g) lean beestew meat,cubed
- 1½ cups (375 ml) low-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 8 oz (240 ml) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas,thawed
- 2 tablespoons dry cherry
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 large clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cubed potatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except cornstarch,water and seasoning. Stir well.
Cover cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Increase heat to high. Cook for a further 10 minutes,stirring in combined water and cornstarch.
Turn off slow cooker. Discard bay leaf. Season with salt and black pepper.
Ladle beef stew into soup bowls. Serve hot.