Slow Cooker Rosemary Beef Stew2021-04-02
- Cuisine: Australian
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3.6 g
Trans Fat0.1 g
Unsaturated Fat2.2 g
Slow cooker rosemary beef stew. Cubed beef with vegetables, dry sherry, and dried rosemary cooked in the slow cooker. Dried rosemary gives this yummy beef stew a fantastic flavor! You may also like Beef and Bean Ragù, another delicious beef recipe cooked in a crockpot.
Slow Cooker Rosemary Beef Stew
- 1 ½ pounds (720 g) lean beef stew meat, cubed
- 1½ cups (375 ml) low-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 8 oz (240 ml) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons dry cherry
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cubed potatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except cornstarch, water, and seasoning. Stir well.
Cover the cooker and cook on a low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Increase heat to high. Cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring in combined water and cornstarch.
Turn off the slow cooker. Discard bay leaf. Season with salt and black pepper.
Ladle beef stew into soup bowls. Serve hot.