Slow Cooker Shiitake Noodle Soup
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6:00 h
- Ready In : 6:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 4 cups (1 L) reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 green onions,sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 8 ½ oz (255 g) package Japanese udon noodles,cooked,warm
- 1 cup fresh spinach,sliced
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except sesame oil,soy sauce,spinach,noodles and seasoning. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 4-6 hours,adding sesame oil,soy sauce and spinach during last 10 minutes. Season soup with salt and black pepper.
Place cooked Japanese noodles in bowls. Turn off slow cooker. Ladle soup into soup bowls over cooked noodles. Serve immediately.