Slow Cooker Shredded Apricot Pork Sandwiches
- Yield : 10-12 sandwiches
- Servings : 10-12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 9:00 h
- Ready In : 9:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 medium yellow onions,peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 pounds (2 kg) boneless pork top loin roast,trimmed of fat
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a small mixing bowl,combine sliced onions,apricot preserves,brown sugar,barbecue sauce,vinegar,Worcestershire sauce and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
Place pork roast in slow cooker. Pour apricot mixture over roast.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8-9 hours.
Open slow cooker. Using a tongs,transfer cooked pork on cutting board,reserving a cooking liquid. Allow to cool. Using two forks,shred cooked meat.
Let cooking liquid stand stand 5 minutes to allow fat to rise. Skim fat.
In another mixing bowl,combine water,cornstarch,ginger and seasoning. Blend until smooth.
Stir in cornstarch mixture into reserved cooking liquid. Cook,uncovered,on high heat setting for a further 15-30 minutes or until sauce thickened.
Return shredded pork to slow cooker. Mix well. Serve with a toasted buns.