Slow Cooker Stuffed Cabbage
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 9:00 h
- Ready In : 9:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 1 pound (480 g) extra-lean ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) egg substitute
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) skim milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz (240 ml) can tomato sauce with roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
Lightly greases inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
Boil 4 cups fresh water in saucepan. Add cabbage leaves. Turn off heat and let leaves soak for 3-5 minutes. Remove cabbage leaves from water,drain and cool.
Combine together ground beef,cooked rice,egg substitute,milk,onion powder,and pepper in cooking bowl. Mix well.
Put 1/4 cup meat mixture in center of each leaf. Fold sides and roll ends over meat. Place cabbage rolls in crock pot.
Combine together tomato sauce,sugar,lemon juice and steak sauce in small cooking bowl. Mix well. Place tomato mixture over cabbage rolls.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 7-9 hours. Serve slow cooker stuffed cabbage hot.